On 7 November, the Shanghai Institute for International Studies (SIIS) and the Dialogue of Civilizations Research Institute (DOC) held a joint conference called ‘Eurasia Economic Partnership: Challenges and prospects’.
The conference opened with introductory remarks by Prof. Yan Anlin, Vice-President of SIIS. During the event the new book titled ‘Belts and Roads in Eurasia’ by Dr. Vladimir Yakunin, Chairman of the Supervisory Board of DOC was presented.
During the one-day conference more than 30 experts discussed their views and ideas about the future development of an Eurasia Partnership, the role of China and Russia in building the Eurasia Partnership, and the Belt and Road Initiative. Participants included:
- Li Xin, Senior Fellow and Director at the Center for Russian & Central Asia Studies at the Institute for World Economy Studies, SIIS
- Sergey Glazyev, Counsellor of Presidential Executive Office of the Russian Federation, full member of the Russian Academy of Sciences
- Piotr Dutkiewicz, Professor of Political Science and former Director of the Institute of European and Russian Studies, Co-Director of the Center for Governance and Public Policy at Carleton University
- Yang Bo, Professor and Vice Director of Center for Russian and Central Asian Studies at Shanghai International Studies University
- Deng Hao, Senior Research Fellow at the China Institute of International Studies
- Victor Ryazanov, Professor and Head of the Department of Economic Theory at St. Petersburg State University
- Wang Haiyan, Professor at the School of Advanced International and Area Studies at the School of SCO Studies, East China Normal University
- Feng Shaolei, Professor at the East China Normal University
- Wang Jian, Director of the Institute of International Relations at the Shanghai Academy of Social Sciences.
- DOC Research Institute was represented by Andrey Filippov, Chief Program Manager.
The outcomes of conference will be used in upcoming research programs dedicated to development of the Eurasia region by DOC Research Institute and the Shanghai Institute for International Studies.