Yesterday saw the inaugural meeting of the DOC Programme Council take place remotely via video conference. The meeting introduced the DOC team and the current research projects to the Programme Council. The Council also explored the implications of the current COVID-19 pandemic for the mission of the DOC in particular, and for global order more generally. It was agreed that the paradigm of “dialogue of civilizations” continues to be greatly relevant in order to foster international cooperation throughout and after this crisis.
The DOC Programme Council is composed of a group of prominent researchers and influential actors with various backgrounds from all parts of the world, who provide guidance and assistance to the DOC, and explore potential synergies for future joint projects.
The Programme Council is still growing with the addition of further experts, but currently includes:
- Prof. Adrian Pabst, Professor of Politics and Head of the School of Politics and International Relations at the University of Kent
- Dr. Alexey Gromyko, Director of Institute of Europe and Corresponding Member of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow
- Prof. Deqiang Ji, Vice Dean of the Institute for a Community with Shared Future, Communication University of China
- Prof. Jomo Kwame Sundaram, Chairperson in International Studies at the Institute of Strategic and International Studies, Malaysia
- Prof. Katherine Marshall, Professor of the Practice of Development, Conflict, and Religion at the School of Foreign Service of the Georgetown University
- Prof. Naciye Selin Senocak, Director of the Diplomatic and Strategic Studies Center
- Prof. Pablo German Ava, Head of Policy and Research at the Argentina Council of Foreign Relations
- Prof. Raffaele Marchetti, Rector for Internationalization and Associate Professor in International Relations at the Department of Political Science and the School of Government of LUISS University
- Prof. Richard Sakwa, Professor of Russian and European politics at the University of Kent
- Dr. Rupert Graf Strachwitz, CEO of the Maecenata Foundation, Director of the Maecenata Institute for Philanthropy and Civil Society
- Dr. Scherto Gill, Executive Secretary/Senior Fellow, Guerrand-Hermès Foundation for Peace Research Institute
- Prof. Shada Islam, Director of Europe and Geopolitics at Friends of Europe
You may also be interested in: