Prof.-Hon. mult., Project Director at the German-Russian Forum
Alexander Rahr, Hon.-Prof. mult., was born 1959 in Taipei and graduated from Ludwig-Maximilians University of Munich in 1988 with an MA in history and political science.
From 1995-2012 he served as Director of the Berthold Beitz Centre at the German Council on Foreign Relations (DGAP). From 1982-1994 he worked as a research analyst with the Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty Research Institute.
He currently serves as Project Director at the German-Russian Forum, Vice President of the Russian Business Council in Germany, Senior Advisor (European Affairs) to Gazprom Brussels, and is Honorary Professor at the Moscow State Institute (University for International Relations under the Foreign Ministry of the Russian Federation (MGIMO), and at the Higher School of Economics (Moscow).
- "Gorbatschow – der neue Mann", Universitas 1986
- "Wladimir Putin. Der Deutsche im Kreml", Universitas 2000
- "Russland gibt Gas", Hanser 2008
- "Putin nach Putin", Universitas 2009
- "Der kalte Freund. Warum wir Russland brauchen: die Insider-Analyse", Hanser 2011