Prof. Malashenko graduated from Institute of Asian and African Countries, Moscow State University. He has a Ph.D. in History, and is one of the leading experts of Islam, and an orientalist, political scientist.
Prof. Malashenko is the author and editor of about twenty books (in Russian, English, French, and Arabic) and more than 200 articles.
The latest are:
• The Fight for Influence. Russia in Central Asia. Carnegie Endowment for International Peace. Washington DC, 2013
• Policy in Russia and Russia in Policy. Moscow, 2013
• My Islam. (Monograph) Publishing house ROSSPEN, Moscow 2010
• L'islam en Russie (Monograph). Les editions Keruss. Canada 2009. Pp. 1-280
• Ramzan Kadirov, a Russian Politician of the «Caucasian Nationality” (Monograph), Publishing House ROSSPEN. Moscow 2009
Before joining the Dialogue of Civilizations Research Institute he was the Chair of the “Religion, Society, and Security” Program at Carnegie Moscow Center, Professor at Research University Higher School of Economics (HSE), Professor at Moscow State Institute of International Relations, Head of the Islamic Department at Institute of Oriental Studies RAN (Russian Academy of Sciences).