Raffaele Marchetti (Laurea, Rome-La Sapienza; PhD, London-LSE) is Deputy Rector for Internationalization and Associate Professor (national qualification as full professor) in International Relations at the Department of Political Science and the School of Government of LUISS. His research interest concerns global politics and governance, hybrid and city diplomacy, transnational civil society, (cyber-)security and political risk, and democracy.
He is the editor of the Routledge/DoC series World Politics and Dialogues of Civilizations. He is member of the editorial board of The International Spectator, the Academic Advisory Board of the NATO Defense College-NDC, and the European Joint Doctorate GEM-STONES academic board. He acts as external expert for the several public/private institutions on issues of global governance, public policies, civil society, and security. He was rapporteur for the European Commission on Civil Society in Global Governance, and received the Lawrence S. Finkelstein Award by the International Studies Association-ISA, Section on International Organization.
Among his publications:
• Africa-Europe Relationship: A Multi-Stakeholder Perspective, Routledge, 2020.
• Government-NGOs Relationship in Africa, Asia, Europe and MENA, Routledge, 2018.
• Debating Migration to Europe: Identity vs Welfare, Routledge, 2017.
• Partnership in International Policy Making: Civil Society and Public Institutions in Global and European Affairs, Palgrave, 2017, ed.
• Still a Western World? Continuity and Change in World Order, Routledge, 2017, co-ed. with S.Fabbrini
• Global Strategic Engagement: States and Non-State Actors in Global Governance, Lexington Books-Rowman & Littlefield, 2016
• Contemporary Political Agency: Theory and Practice, Routledge, 2013, co-ed. with B.Maiguashca
• Civil Society, Ethnic Conflicts, and the Politicization of Human Rights, United Nations University Press, 2011, co-ed. with N.Tocci
• Global Democracy: Normative and Empirical Perspectives, Cambridge University Press, 2011, co-ed. with D.Archibugi and M.Koenig-Archibugi
• Conflict Society and Peacebuilding, Routledge, 2011, co-ed. with N.Tocci
• European Union and Global Democracy, CPI, 2009, co-ed. with D.Vidovic
• Global Democracy: For and Against. Ethical Theory, Institutional Design, and Social Struggles, Routledge, 2008.
His works have been published in Arabic, Chinese, English, Italian, Russian, and Spanish.