The Research and Policy Initiatives Coordinator will coordinate policy and research initiatives, and ensure their relevance to strategic priorities of the DOC Research Institute. He/She will be responsible for outreach and partnership to academic community and collaboratively work with internal and external stakeholders to conduct relevant research projects and their transformation into policy briefs and/or other submissions
The Dialogue of Civilizations Research Institute is an independent platform for dialogue that brings together diverse perspectives from the developed and the developing worlds in a non-confrontational and constructive spirit. The DOC’s goal is to forge shared world views through dialogue, and to contribute to a fair, sustainable and peaceful world order. To achieve these goals, the DOC believes that globalisation is not just about setting standards – it should have humankind, culture and civilisation at its heart. Dialogue creates a fair and sustainable world without conflicts
- Overall research and policy coordination and outreach
- Coordinates current research and policy initiatives;
- Contributes to the development of the research strategies within DOC Research Institute;
- Ensures performance of research projects and initiatives in accordance with timeline and within approved budget;
- Undertakes an ongoing review of activities and adjusting projects and initiatives in order to maximize the quality of
- Ensures outreach and partnership to academic community (particularly in Germany);
- Together with internal research sub-team implements a dissemination strategy to circulate the research products of the DOC to the academic and policy community;
- Coordinates research related grant applications;
- Contributes to building academic and financial partnerships in order to cover part of research and policy department budget.
- Develops own research projects, coordinates the researchers, interprets research findings and generates high quality publications and activities related to the research cluster “Governance and Diplomacy” or “Cultures and Civilizations”;
- Leads preparation of special reports, expert comments and other written materials related to the research cluster.
DOC Research Institute’s Representation
- Leads and develops internal and external research and policy networks;
- Represents DOC Research Institute in a professional manner at all times, including links with professional bodies, research funding streams, etc;
- Represents the Organization’s research at international conferences and other events, liaising closely with external bodies/experts both within the EU and non-EU countries
- Contributes in event organization, including meetings, conferences and seminars (and webinars) of DOC Research Institute; invites experts as speakers and discussants for special event series and other events;
- In accordance with the designated Topic contributes to the development of the scientific program for the Rhodes forum and other DOC Research Institute’s key events according to the established internal policies;
- Drafts list of experts and scientists engaged in the Topic for the Rhodes forum and other DOC Research Institute’s key events;
- Controls the process of invitation to the Rhodes forum and other DOC Research Institute’s key events and organizes briefing of speakers.
Ph.D. in International affairs, Politics, Social Sciences or related field required
More than 5 years in research and scientific work
Track record of research and scientific publications;
Functioning as successful research group member and representative of the Organization’s vision & idea;
Solid background in research in comparative politics and/or culture and civilization, writing policy papers; extensive research experience; good skills in data analysis;
Experience working with a variety of public, private, and non-profit organizations;
Experience in project management, policy advice, as well as in handling the project funds.
What we offer
- A modern office space in the historical center of Berlin
- International work environment
- The opportunity to take part in building the next big Think Tank
- An attractive salary
For more information please visit our website www.doc-research.org
Why don’t you join our mission?
Please send your CV to email@example.com