As we get near the end of what promises to be a critical year for Europe, join the DOC Research Institute in Berlin to hear a lecture from the Federal Chancellor of Austria (2007-2008), Dr. Alfred Gusenbauer, on what lies ahead for the continent.
Topics to be discussed:
- Neoliberalism and the European social model.
- The reinvention of the social market economy in the age of digitalization.
- The spread of nationalism and populism in parts of Europe.
- Is there a future for a politically unified Europe without Europeans?
- The strained US-European axis of freedom and democracy.
- EU-Russia relations at an all-time low.
- Is China splitting the EU apart by establishing the 15+1 group?
- What is Europe’s role in the new international order?
This enlightening event is the second in DOC’s new ‘Meet in Mitte’ series of insightful discussions and lectures. This lecture on ‘The 2019 European elections: Europe at a crossroads’ is vital for anyone seeking to enhance their understanding of the questions that Europeans are currently asking about the future of their countries.
Attendance will provide participants with an excellent opportunity to network with peers. Refreshments will be provided.
Prior registration is necessary to secure your place.