The DOC Research Institute is pleased to invite you to “2019 – A Year Of All The Dangers?”, a panel discussion with leading international journalists to predict what lies ahead this year in global affairs.
2019 looks set to be another unpredictable and turbulent year. Join moderator Ali Aslan (TV Presenter and Journalist) and our panellists for a lively and provocative discussion of key issues including:
- Are nationalist populism and strongman leaders like new Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro, Viktor Orban, Rodrigo Duterte and others now the dominant paradigm in global politics, and what does this mean for the liberal, globalist world order?
- How will dozens of national elections – in India, Nigeria, Algeria, South Africa, Argentina, Israel and many more – shape the global dialogue?
- Is the global economy at risk of recession, and what would be the impact?
- Will populist parties and the migration issue shake up Europe’s political landscape at May’s EU elections?
- What will Brexit mean for the UK, and the EU?
- How will the effects of all of this and more be felt in Berlin, with German politics in a transition period of its own?
The confirmed speakers include:
- Daniel Dagan (Israel Broadcasting Authority)
- Kim Hjelmgaard (USA Today)
- Andrea Shalal (Reuters)
- Simon Shuster (TIME)
- Anli Serfontein (Independent journalist, writer and filmmaker)
The discussion will be followed an interactive Q&A with the audience. Join us after the discussion for DOC’s Annual New Year reception, an excellent opportunity to network with peers.
Prior registration is necessary to guarantee entry.