Sustainability is moving from the niche towards the mainstream. More than ever before consumers are questioning the wider environmental and societal impacts of their food choices.
An upsurge in global population and increasing concerns about the impact of existing agricultural methods on climate change mean that business, individuals and policymakers must all consider what can be done to ensure long-term security and sustainability in food production and consumption.
At this Meet in Mitte event hosted by DOC, we will hear from experts and innovators in the food sector who are trying to achieve a more sustainable approach, either in their own businesses or through policy change.
Some questions we will consider include:
- How does the food system impact climate change?
- What new opportunities for sustainability exist?
- Where can businesses, governments and consumers make positive change in their choices?
- Are recent innovations more than consumer trends?
- What steps need to be taken to create a more resilient food system?
Confirmed speakers include:
- Eva-Maria Endres, The Office for Agricultural Policy and Food Culture
- Raphael Fellmer, CEO, SIRPLUS
- Christiane Sieg, CEO, Der Sache Wegen
This event is suitable for anyone with an interest in food sustainability and is seeking to learn about the impacts in, and innovations of the food sector.
It is necessary to register before attending the event.