Issues to be discussed at the round-table on “Methods of Recruitment into ISIS”
The round-table will conduct a comparative analysis of how recruitment of Muslims to the Islamic State is implemented, including commonalities and differences in different countries and regions. The following issues will be studied:
– the major contingent of recruitment, which shows the average profile of a potential “militant” in terms of age, social environment, marital status, and education;
– the recruitment of women;
– the motivation and goals of those joining the Islamic State;
– methods of recruitment;
– the duration of activity within the IS, and reasons for leaving the IS;
– the activities of former militants after returning to their homelands.
Additionally, the issue of societal, religious, and security structures’ actions to prevent recruitment to the IS will be discussed.
Key Speakers include:
email@example.com or by phone: (030) 2096 7790-0.
Französische Straße 23
Attendance is by prior registration only.
To register please contact:
Adrienne Szabo: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Media inquiries:
Agnieszka Rzepka: Arzepka@doc-research.org