We have entered an era of disruption, uncertainty, and risks. The geopolitical landscape is undergoing profound changes, the most striking feature of which are major structural power shifts. Emerging economies are rising to the status of global powers, putting the US-led unipolar world under constraint. As these ‘new giants’ attempt to reshape the international order their own strategic narratives, great power rivalry is again becoming a feature of international politics.
Among the questions to be addressed:
- Is the increasing rivalry between great powers doomed to result in direct or proxy conflict?
- What will be the geopolitical battlegrounds in the future?
- What are the prospects for cooperation between global powers?
- Is it possible to create a new equilibrium and create a shared understanding of the world order in line with, connecting the conflicting strategic narratives of individual powers?
- With global power comes global responsibility. Are states clamouring for greater influence ready to become ‘responsible stakeholders’ and accept global obligations?