Santhosh Jayaram leads one of the biggest team in climate change and sustainability consulting space in South Asia. His consulting experience include extra-financial risk, low carbon strategy, Carbon finance, Adaptation and Resilience towards climate change, product stewardship, EHS management systems, responsible investment, Sustainability reporting, Integrated reporting and Valuation of environmental and social impacts.
- He was involved in finalizing the UNFCCC CDM methodologies for the cement sector.
- He is involved in the development of standards and guidelines in the field of sustainability.
- Working group member in the development of G4 guidelines at Global Reporting Initiative,(GRI) Netherlands. (2012)
- Standards Committee member for the development of AA1000SES standard at AccountAbility, UK. (2011)
- He has functioned as a Director of the board at Consortium of Humanitarian Agencies, Sri Lanka (2006 – 2008) and is at present part of the advisory committee for India Sanitation Coalition.
- He has a passion towards teaching in the subject of sustainability and has been an accredited trainer for EHS management systems aligned to ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001. He is also an accredited trainer for conducting courses on Sustainability Reporting (GRI) and Integrated Reporting (IIRC).
- He has worked with nearly 100 companies, various governments and also multilateral agencies spanning across 18 countries.
- He led the team to produce the world’s first sustainability profit and Loss statement (Ambuja Cement).
- Has been involved with 10 green bond issuances across India and Singapore
- He led the team to look into low carbon transportation studies in Sri Lanka and Bhutan
- His team also works on climate resilience and adaptation projects on agriculture, water structures and infrastructure.
He was involved