Kofi Annan, Secretary General of the United Nations (1997-2006), passed away on August 18 at the age of 80. Co-Founder of DOC Research Institute Walter Schwimmer who worked with Kofi Annan as Secretary General of the Council of Europe declared that it is with great sadness that he learned about the death of the Peace Nobel Prize Laureate. “The world lost a great leader and fighter for peace and human dignity. The dialogue of civilizations lost one of its greatest promoters. Kofi Annan supported the proposal of then President of Iran Mohammad Khatami to declare 2001 as United Nations Year for Dialogue among Civilizations, and made the intercultural and interreligious dialogue a priority of the UN. Under the influence of President Mohammad Khatami and Secretary General Kofi Annan the World Public Forum – Dialogue of Civilizations was created in 2002 to be succeeded in 2016 by the Dialogue of Civilizations Research Institute. The 2018 edition of the Rhodes Forum will deal with enhancing dialogue on peace, security and development, and it will pay tribute to the late Kofi Annan”.
- Zivilisationen gegen die Bedrohung durch soziale Regression
- Ost und West: Identitätsunterschiede überbrücken
- Infrastruktur als Rückgrat inklusiver globaler Entwicklung
- Lebensraum für die Menschheit
- Inklusive globale Entwicklung
- Nach dem Ende der Moderne: Wenn herkömmliche Wirtschaftsmodelle scheitern