In June 2016 the Dialogue of Civilizations Research Institute opened in Berlin. Though only one year has passed, much has happened. Projects, events, research and – first and foremost – dialogue! Great people with great minds have joined the DOC, be it as guests, lecturers, experts, employees, or friends. The institute has started to co-operate with think tanks in China, India, and other countries. A string of interesting events has taken off, central to which was the 14th Rhodes Forum last autumn.
To share this memory, we host the DOC Anniversary Summer Fest 2017 at the Humboldt-Box in Berlin, on 28 June 2017. It will start at 16:00 with a round-table discussion on the subject of “Protecting our Cultural Heritage“.
[soundcloud id=’344242226′ height=’false’ format=’playlist’]
Moderator: Martina Fuchs, Anchor, CNN Money, Switzerland
– H.E. Prof. Mahmood Al-Mullakhalaf, Ambassador, Permanent Delegate of Iraq to UNESCO
– Prof. Dr. Mikhail Piotrovsky, Director, Hermitage Museum St. Petersburg
– Prof. Dr. Hermann Parzinger, President of the Prussian Cultural Heritage Foundation
– Prof. Dr. Monica Juneja, Professor of Global Art History at the University of Heidelberg’s ‘Asia and Europe’ research cluster
– Prof. Dr. Markus Hilgert, Director, Berlin Museum of the Ancient Near East
– Irina Nikitina, Director, Musical Olympus Foundation
– Stephen Stenning, Director of Culture and Development, British Council
The round-table discussion will be followed by a concert and dinner.
Admission is subject to prior registration.