Christopher de Bellaigue (born 1971 in London) is a journalist who has worked on the Middle East and South Asia since 1994. His work mostly chronicles developments in Iran and Turkey. He was a visiting fellow at St Antony’s College, Oxford. De Bellaigue is a frequent contributor to the The Guardian, New York Review of Books, Granta, and The New Yorker, among other publications. He was formerly the Tehran correspondent for The Economist.
• The Islamic Enlightenment: The Modern Struggle Between Faith and Reason (2017)
• Patriot of Persia: Muhammad Mossadegh and a Tragic Anglo-American Coup (2012)
• Rebel Land: Among Turkey’s Forgotten People (2009)
• The Struggle for Iran (2007)
• In the Rose Garden of the Martyrs: A Memoir of Iran (2005)
• Iran and Britain (BBC Four, February 2009 )